Dental Health Plan: Dogs and Cats
Dental Health Plan
Dental disease is one of the most common conditions that we see in our pets. Left untreated, dental disease can lead to oral pain, decreased appetite, loss of teeth, infection and organ disease. These complications can greatly impact the overall health of the pet.
For these reasons, we recommend regular complete oral health assessment and treatments (COHAT) for pets with dental disease. This requires general anesthesia to allow for a thorough examination and cleaning.
Sometimes after the teeth are cleaned, using our ultrasonic cleaning tools, we uncover teeth that are so diseased they need to be removed for the patient to be pain-free. The cost for extractions depends on the difficulty of the extraction procedure, and ranges between $25 and $125. The dental health upgrade package includes a 10% discount on all needed extractions (see below).
Our dental care plan includes:
- One total oral health examination under anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient before, during and after the procedure
- Inhalant anesthesia
- In hospital injections (pain management +/- antibiotics)
- IV catheter: This allows us to have access to a vein in case of emergency. Besides making the procedure safer for the patient, it also allows us to provide intravenous fluids to manage blood pressure during surgery.
- Ultrasonic scaling and polishing of the teeth
- All day hospitalization
- 10% off all dental extractions (if required)
- 10% off antibiotics to go home (if indicated)
As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions about choosing the right care for your pet, including which of our health plans may be best for you and your family!