Holiday & Winter Safety Links
Holiday & Winter Safety
The holiday season can be a fun and exciting time for all members of the family, including our family pets.
However, there are some hidden holiday-time dangers to look out for, and some simple precautions you can take this year to make sure your pets stay safe.
Common household items like liquid potpourri, snowglobes, and sugar-free gum/candies (& now peanut butter!) containing xylitol are lesser known but still deadly hazards to our pets, along with the more commonly recognized concerns like chocolate, electrical cords, tinsel, and frostbite. While that Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas goose are tasty treats for us, they can lead to stomach upset and serious pancreatitis requiring hospitalization in some pets.
The following links offer some great tips to keep ALL of your loved ones safe during this festive time.
Happy Holidays From Compassion Animal Hospital!
- Thanksgiving Safety Tips (North Shore Animal League)
- Thanksgiving Feast Safety (ASPCA)
- Winter Holiday Pet Poisons… Watch that snowglobe! (Pet Poison Helpline)
- 7 Things You Can Do To Make the Holidays Safer For Your Pet (American Veterinary Medical Association)
Updated link, 2015! Holiday Safety Tips
- Cold Weather Safety (American Veterinary Medical Association)